Welcome to the 3rd grade!
Mrs. Lamas 201 – Bilingual email@example.com
Mrs. Murphy 202 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Kula 203 email@example.com
Mrs. Scott 205 firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to the third grade! We are so excited to have you back.
Important 3rd Grade Information
I f your child is absent from school, please call the school’s office to report the student at 773-535-2290, and when your child returns to school, please send a note explaining the student’s absence.
Students are required to wear the appropriate uniform to school each day, navy blue bottoms and sky blue polo. Students must also wear a navy blue sweater (no logos) or light blue sweater.
This web-based tool allows you to check your child’s grades as well as their attendance. You can access this site from any mobile devise, tablet or computer. If you have not already created an account, click on the link below. You will be directed to the registration page.
If you have already set up an account and are registered, click on the link below to access parent portal
What You Can Do to Help
- Please sign your son/daughter’s assignment notebook every night
- Make sure students complete all homework assignments
- Please read and listen to your child read for 20 minutes each night
- Students in the 3rd grade are required to read 25 books for the year, please make sure students keep up with this requirement
- At home, make sure students practice their math facts, (+,-, x, ÷)
- Periodically, we ask that you check students school supplies and replace these as needed
- Be sure to have extra supplies at home that students can use for homework completion
Third Grade Promotion Policy:
A child cannot receive a grade less than a “C” for their final grade on their report card in Reading and Math.
A child must earn a score at or above the 24% percentile in all subjects tested on the NWEA
A child must have good attendance and no excessive tardiness.
With the weather changing, we ask that you make sure students are dressed appropriately to go out for recess.
We look forward to teaching your children in 3rd grade. With your support, we know they will become successful students!