Weekly COVID 19 Testing: TWAIN’s COVID testing day/time is Thursday from 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm.
Registration is a one-time process so once students have registered, they do not have to re-register for future testing.. Parents/guardians may register their children with the following link:
Student Registration: https://home.color.com/covid/sign-up/start?partner=tf-twa-610206-students
- Travel Guidance Eng | Esp
- What happens when someone tests
positive for COVID-19 in CPS? Eng | Esp
- How does contact tracing work? Eng | Esp
- COVID-19 Protocol for Families Eng | Esp
According to CPS policy, students entering 6th grade must have a new physical health examination and updated immunizations for Tdap and Meningitis (as of age 11). All 5th grade students must submit a copy of their updated physical and immunization record to the main office prior to receiving their sixth grade room assignment. Updated records can be submitted to the main office, Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 2:00pm.
Thursday, May 19, 2022
Dear TWAIN Community,
Chicago Public Schools (CPS) is committed to keeping you informed of the most current developments regarding COVID-19. A person who was in our school building on May 16-17, 2022 tested positive for COVID-19. We are sending this notification for your awareness, and you do not need to take any further action at this time. If you have been identified as a close contact, you should have received a separate notification from the Office of Student Health and Wellness with additional information.
As a reminder, we can slow the spread of COVID-19 as a CPS school community by getting vaccinated, social distancing whenever possible, signing up for weekly testing at school, wearing masks in public spaces including schools, washing our hands thoroughly, and avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
The best way to keep you and your child safe from COVID-19 is to get vaccinated. Vaccines are safe, effective, and available to everyone ages five and up. In addition, vaccinated students who are exposed to COVID-19 can avoid staying home and stay in the classroom as long as they remain without symptoms. To find a vaccine appointment, you can search vaccines.gov, text your ZIP code to 438829, call 1-800-232-0233, or visitcps.edu/vaccinations.
CPS also strongly encourages families to sign their child up for weekly COVID-19 testing at school by visitingcolor.com/readycheckgo-cps. If you need help locating medical care or have any CPS-specific questions, please visitcps.edu or reach out to the Healthy CPS Hotline at 773-553-KIDS (5437), which is staffed 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
I am here to support you as we move forward together as one healthy, supportive, and engaged school family.
Estimado comunidad de la Escuela TWAIN,
Las Escuelas Públicas de Chicago (CPS) se comprometen a mantener a las familias y al personal informados de los acontecimientos más actuales sobre COVID-19. Una persona que se encontraba en el edificio May 16-17, 2022 dio positivo por COVID-19. Le hemos mandado esta notificación a usted para informarle de este caso, y no se le requiere tomar ninguna medida de su parte. Si usted ha sido identificado como un contacto cercano, la Oficina de Salud y Bienestar Estudiantil le estará enviando un comunicado con información adicional.
Deseamos recordarles que podemos combatir la transmisión del COVID-19 como comunidad escolar al recibir la vacuna, manteniendo el distanciamiento social siempre que sea posible, haciendo uso de mascarilla en público, lavándose bien las manos y evitando el contacto cercano con personas enfermas.
Para obtener actualizaciones y/o recursos del distrito, visite www.cps.edu. Si necesita ayuda para encontrar atención médica o tiene alguna pregunta específica de CPS, comuníquese con la línea directa de ‘Healthy CPS’ al 773-553-KIDS (5437), quienes cuentan con personal disponible para atenderle de lunes a viernes en horario de 8:00 a.m. a 5:00 p.m.
Estoy aquí para apoyarlos a medida que avanzamos juntos como una familia escolar saludable, solidaria y comprometida.
Administración de la escuela TWAIN
Believe and You Will Succeed!
The goal of the Mark Twain’s Reading Committee is to keep our students Reading! Reading! Reading! The activities planned throughout the school year, 2019-2020, are reminders to keep motivated with reading.
Remember, students become better readers by reading! So, put down those electronic devices and open up a book!
*Fall into Reading: PreK -5th grade, September to November 1st 2019
*Pizza Hut: K-6th grade, October 2019 to March 2020
*Great America Reading Challenge: K-6th grade, January to March 2020
*Chipotle Reading Challenge: K-8th grades, Spring
*Battle of the Books: 4-6th grade and 7-8th gradetime TBD
Your teachers will provide you with the current information regarding these Reading Campaigns as the school year continues.
- A Pocket For Corduroy
- Clifford, We Love You
- Goldilocks and The Three Bears
- Where Love Starts
- Love Bugs
- The Hat
- Five Little Penguins Slipping on the Ice
- The Biggest, Best Snowman
- The Mitten
- Frosty the Snowman
- The Silly Snowy Day
- The Snowy Day
- Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear
- The Snowman
- 5 More Sleeps 'til Christmas
- The Polar Express
- Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
- Gingerbread Baby
- Share Some Kindness Bring Some Light
- The Night Before Christmas
- Dream Snow
- Jingle Bugs
- The Gingerbread Man
- The Gift of Christmas
- The Sweet Smell of Christmas
- Pete the Cat The First Thanksgiving
- Thanksgiving Day
- Franklin’s Thanksgiving
- The Seven Silly Eaters
- A Little Bit of Winter
- The Birthday Presents
- Clifford’s Thanksgiving Visit
- Over the River and Through the Woods
- Thanksgiving is for Giving Thanks
- Time to Sleep
- We’re Going on a Bear Hunt
- Where the Wild Things Are
- The Berenstain Bears and Ghost of The Forest
- In The Haunted House
- Halloween Bugs
- There was an Old Lady who Swallowed a Fly
- Spooky Hour
- Franklin’s Halloween
- Pete the Cat Five Little Pumpkins
- The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything
- Skeleton Hiccups
- Ten Timid Ghosts
- Silly Ghosts
- Pete the Cat Five Little Pumpkins
- Big Pumpkin
- The Spooky Old Tree
- Moon Dance
- Happy Birthday Moon
- Bear Shadow
- The Day You Begin
- The Kissing Hand
- Pete the Cat
- Pete the Cat Five Little Ducks
- Pete the Cat and the Missing Cupcakes
- Pete the Cat Big Easter Adventure
- Pete the Cat Too Cool For School
- Pete the Cat Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
- Pete the Cat Old MacDonald Had a Farm
- Pete the Cat and His Magic Sunglasses
- Pete the Cat Rocking in My School Shoes
- Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What Do You See?
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See?
- The Runaway Bunny
- The Little Red Hen
- Pocket Full of Kisses
- A Very Clumsy Click Beetle
- A Very Lonely Firefly
- The Very Busy Spider
- The House for Hermit Crab
- Papa Please Get the Moon For Me
- B is for Breathe
- Wemberly Worried
- What Will I Do If I Can't Tie My Shoe?
- Grover Goes to School
- Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
- White Rabbit's Color Book
- The Golden Egg Book
- The Carrot Seed
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- Fancy Nancy
- Tops and Bottoms
- Kindergarten January Parent Talk 2022 English/Spanish | Handout - Eng • Spa
- Kindergarten Fall Parent Talk
English / Spanish
- Kindergarten ABC’s Letters and Sounds
- Incoming Kindergarten Parent Talk Handout.
- Incoming Kindergarten Parent Talk
- Incoming Kindergarten English/Polish Parent Talk
- 1st Grade January Parent Talk 2022 English/Spanish | Handout - Eng • Spa
- 1st Grade Fall Parent Talk English/Polish | Handout Eng
- 1st Grade Fall Parent Talk English/Spanish | Handout Spa
- Incoming 1st grade Parent Talk Handout
- Incoming 1st Grade Parent Talk Eng & Esp
2/18/21: Congratulations to Mr. Bennett, Twain's Media Arts teacher, and his students, Emilia, Joanna, and Nina, who were recently recognized in The Department of Arts Newsletter in celebration of their excellent work!
We are so proud of them.