History of Mark Twain School
Mark Twain School was built in 1926 and its’ doors were opened to students in September, 1927. Mark Twain School has long had a prestigious reputation for the manner in which the academic curriculum of the Chicago Public Schools is implemented. In addition to the regular studies, the program is enriched by a variety of extra-curricular activities. In 2007, an addition was constructed to facilitate our growing population.
Mark Twain School is named for the Great American author and humorist Samuel Clemens. The Board of Education had the school named for him ten years after his death under his pen name, Mark Twain. Some of his famous writings are “Adventures of Huckleberry Finn” and “The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.”